Essential Recruiting Resources, LLC. is partnering with an exciting client in need of nursing professionals to service their patients throughout the continuum of care.
The Patient Access Nurse (RN) will coordinate the acceptance of patients into the system. They will perform the initial admission screening and acceptance using approved clinical criteria to assure the patient acceptance and admission process are consistent with company policies and procedures. The Patient Access Nurse will be an amazing collaborator as they will partner with multiple departments , facilities, physicians and nursing staff.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Coordinates all components related to the admission/transfer or consult of emergent, urgent and elective patients into an accepting facility from referring hospitals, clinics, urgent care clinics and physician offices with guaranteed appropriate level of care and timely, appropriate mode of transport.
- Systematic processing of patient acuity and expert level of clinical decision making, to facilitate the patient flow through the continuum of care.
- Ability to document and prioritize patient information to formulate an accurate picture of the patient and his/her condition for accepting physicians, nurses or other healthcare workers.
- Stays up to date with all departmental procedures, policies and communications to ensure adherence of appropriate process for final referral resolution.
- Assign Transfer Priority Level for triage / transport of patients to prioritize bed and transportation resources.
- Maintain Access Center data collection and provide feedback to referring facility on patient transition and outcomes.
- Screens admissions, using approved criteria, for appropriateness of level of care orders and bed assignments. Educates nurses, physicians and ancillary staffs in level of care and admission/transfer issues/ opportunities.
- Maintains current and accurate information in Electronic Health Care Records System.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Three years of related clinical experience in an acute care setting (ED or Critical Care Preferred).
- Must be proficient in EMTALA.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, analytical and critical thinking, prioritization, negotiation, conflict resolution, proactive decision making.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats.
- Current nursing license in the State of Tennessee (RN)
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying