The role of the General Manager is to ensure the safe, legal and profitable operating of the business in line with corporate and judicial requirements. The GM is the heartbeat of the facility and sets the tone to create a great company culture focused on production, quality and safety for all Teammates!
Business performance, quality and safety, customer relationships, strategy and leadership all fall under the General Manager! We are looking for a Leader!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Construction and delivery of all budgetary targets in line with corporate expectations.
* Driving a food safety and people safety culture within the business.
* Ensuring compliance to all relevant food safety, human resources and financial standards within the business.
* Identify training and development needs of staff.
* Promote a continuous improvement culture, encouraging openness and engagement conducive to personal development to ensure a robust succession pool is present.
* Driving customer relationships at the site level to ensure profitable growth.
* Have in place a ‘live’ site-based strategy that is aligned to the business strategy.
* Run the site in a way that ensures that product safety is paramount.
* Recognizing the site corporate and social responsibilities and operating the business with good governance.
* 5+ years of experience in a food/quality Senior Managerial position
* Strong character and proven integrity
* Verbally and numerically proficient with an acute political awareness
* Ability to demonstrate effective decision-making skills
* Able to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
* Strong leadership skills, possessing the ability to demonstrate both gravitas and humility
* Bachelor’s degree qualified in a business-related discipline