Career opportunities with clients this good don't come along everyday! Our client offers a competitive benefits package and a career with a company that is family oriented where they truly care about their Teammates.
The Senior Cost Accountant will be responsible for planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
A main focus will be the very heart of cost accounting; analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Maintains the system of accounts
* Maintains all financial data entering and held within the accounting system
* Collecting, analyzing and reporting cost data to determine cost of operations
* Classifying labor, material and overhead costs for cost of products and services
* Recording cost data for use by management in controlling expenditures
* Prepares and analyzes financial statements
* Maintain all company issued cell phones, including activation and replacing
* Assist in product tracking and recalls of product as well as reporting on the associated cost to the business
* Follow any and all additional duties or responsibilities assigned by Controller
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or experience equivalent required
* Minimum 2 years of cost accounting experience
* Knowledge of all cost accounting standards
* Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills required
* The ability and desire to be part of a high functioning team