The Portfolio Analytics & Compliance Analyst will support daily production and delivery of portfolio and compliance analytics to clients, as well as assist with development initiatives, process automation, and strategic projects.
This core focus of the Analyst will be production of portfolio analytics and testing of portfolios against internal, investor, and regulator mandated compliance limits. This includes process management, quality control review, and direct interaction with members of cross-functional teams & franchise clients in support of utilizing the data for investment decision making.
The position requires strong technical, communication, and problem solving skills, as well as background in middle office operations or concepts such as valuations, market risk, regulatory reporting, or compliance. Basic competency in Python, R, or VBA programming is a plus.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Daily support of the Portfolio Analytics and Compliance offerings for franchise clients.
- Monitoring of portfolios against exposure, liquidity, risk, and regulatory limits, investigating any rule breaches, and communicating relevant information to clients.
- Work with clients to interpret and understand new rules (or changes to existing rules) and code this logic into our compliance software using Python.
- Utilizing Python to create new analytics including limit calculations, data quality checks and internal process automation
- Coordinating software enhancements, development, and testing with IT team.
- Assist with tactical design for strategic projects
- 3+ years of work experience in a Financial Services or Analytics role.
- Familiarity with Python R, MATLAB, VBA, HTML, or SQL a plus.
- Basic understanding of financial products and portfolio management concepts
- Experience analyzing business risks and operational processes
- Ability to think creatively about business issues, strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Mathematics or a related field.
- Adaptive, flexible style - able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.