The Business Development Manager is the heart and soul of the Sales organization. We are looking for a definitive "people person" that loves building relationships and holds the integrity of the company and its reputation as the first and foremost priority. The Business Development Manager develops and manages relationships within key accounts as well as develops and manages programs to generate and increase sales of all company products and service offerings.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* The Business Development Manager would be responsible for interacting with existing customers to explore all potential sales opportunities including prospecting, presentations, pricing and closing of sales.
* You will be responsible for building strong relationships with customers, vendors and organizational staff that promotes loyalty, collaboration and increased revenue between customers and the company.
* Establishing and attending regular meetings with team members and remain current on product knowledge through attendance of sales meetings, vendor trainings, reading industry related publications and participating in industry-related professional organizations.
* Fostering and managing relationships with distributors, participating in sales meetings and maintaining awareness of their programs and, where appropriate, working with distributors' Key Account Managers to increase their knowledge and awareness of company products.
* Developing and managing relationships with key food-service accounts to assist them in creating consumer demand at the operations level. Working with operations personnel and the Marketing Department to design creative merchandising and promotional programs tailored to customers as appropriate to the class of trade, market demographics, and operator focus, and within allotted budget amounts.
* Collaborating with Executive Leadership and the Sales Team to develop overall sales strategies for the class of business and region, annual business plans and operating budgets, as well as mutually supportive processes and systems.
* Business development experience in a food production and/or food related industry required
* Must be able to work independently
* 60-70% travel; ground and air travel domestically
* Extensive computer work is to be expected
* Very efficient with customer prospecting and follow-ups
* 3+ years of experience in outside sales is a must.
* Bachelor’s degree preferred
* Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency
* Exceptional communication and presentation skills