Our client is growing and opening a new operation in North Kingstown, RI. They are currently seeking a Controller to join the organization and begin hiring and training the Finance and Accounting Team!
The role of the Financial Controller is to control and manage the integrity of all financial affairs associated with the legal performance of the business.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* The coordination and management of all business activity associated with the legal executions of the business’s financial reporting and behavior.
* Cost management of all expenditure and budgetary control associated with supporting the business unit, cash control, capital projects, costings and daily/weekly/monthly financial controls.
* Contributing to the formulation and implementation of the business strategy with clear plans stretching up to six months ahead to meet anticipated business needs.
* Highlighting areas of under-performance and risks to the business and taking/encouraging mitigating action to correct.
* Providing inspirational leadership and direction to the Finance Team and business alike you shall ensure that people are kept safe, engaged, focused and delivering to their potential with a clear understand of their objects and deliverable.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in an Accounting & Finance Leadership position
* Minimum 5 years of accounting and finance experience in a manufacturing, production environment. Cost Accounting background required.
* Ability to demonstrate effective decision-making skills
* Able to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
* Strong leadership skills
* Bachelor’s Degree qualified in Accounting or Finance required. Masters degree on MBA strongly preferred.
* CMA qualified preferred.