Essential Recruiting Resources, LLC. is helping our client find a savvy Payroll professional with experience streamlining processes for large companies with high volume multi-state multi-site payroll. We are specifically seeking someone with experience in Ultipro and/or Workday systems experience.
The Sr. Payroll Consultant will manage the preparation, documentation, & disbursement of payroll checks, taxes and payroll deductions in a multi-company, multi-state environment. Additionally, they will supervise, train & develop payroll department personnel; coordinate payroll and Time & Attendance systems development & maintenance; develop and monitor payroll accounting controls and procedures; and maintain accurate payment and reporting of federal, state & related payroll taxes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Managing and reviewing processing of weekly payrolls for units
* Managing and reviewing processing of corporate level and field management payrolls (bi-monthly)
* Assisting unit payroll administrators and management with all payroll questions and problems
* Reviewing and transmitting tax deposits by due dates
* Preparing, reviewing and transmitting federal, state and related filings by due dates
* Administering wage garnishment requests and remit payments
* Preparing and transmitting direct deposit files by deadlines
* Managing payment of health and welfare per union contracts
* Administering union dues deduction and payments
* Auditing supporting documents from units for accuracy and maintain files for audit trail
* Maintaining Ultimate payroll system and Kronos Time & Attendance system; performing routine tax and related file maintenance
* Preparing and maintaining all records for special payroll and benefit related reports such as workers compensation, 401(k) plan and benefit plans
* Bachelors Degree (preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration)
* At least 5 years in-house payroll processing experience in a multi-company, multi-state environment
* 2 years supervisory experience managing payroll function and personnel
* Experience with electronic payments and filing of federal and state payroll taxes
* 2-3 years of experience with Ultimate Software, Kronos Time & Attendance, or other payroll service provider (ADP, Ceridian, etc.)
* Experience with union related payroll issues is required as well experience leading a payroll team through a system conversion or integration.