The Food Sanitation Manager shall be responsible for implementing and monitoring all Sanitary Food Quality and Food Safety Programs with a focus on documentation, Daily Inspections, audit preparation and readiness, hands-on training, environmental swabbing, chemical titration and usage, document review, document management and related training and performance evaluation activities as assigned. This role is critical to success and will be focused on leading 3rd shift operations.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* As the Sanitation Manager, you will be required to develop and implement strategic Sanitation Program, policies, plans and processes to ensure that sanitary performance meets required standards.
* You will be responsible for clearly communicating expectations to Sanitation employees.
* You will ensure compliance with Master Sanitation Schedule.
* Develop and train Sanitation staff especially in the correct handling and usage of sanitation chemicals.
* Work flexible shift hours daily; weekends off as necessary and back-up coverage from Sanitation Supervisor.
* Supervising, scheduling and coordinating Sanitation Technicians.
* Training employees on OSHA safety, chemical handling and safety, food safety and PPE. Enforcing PPE compliance on the Sanitation Team.
* Manage Master Sanitation Schedule.
* Conduct daily walk through to review equipment design and inspect for damage.
* Daily pre-operational inspection walk-through and corrective actions documented through use and verification of ATP swabs and listeria swab program. (In conjunction with QA Technician).
* Complete monthly internal food safety audit corrective actions.
* Enter work orders in the system for damaged equipment in need of repair.
* Keep Sanitation Chemical Supply room clean and orderly.
* Ongoing employee training for specific equipment cleaning procedures with completion of the annual verification training for each zone per employee.
* Identify list of items that needs to be ordered to maintain inventory bi-weekly basis.
* Previous experience as Sanitation Supervisor / Manager for a food manufacturing company
* USDA experience preferred
* HACCP – Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point experience
* 5+ years of supervisory experience preferred
* Working knowledge of GMP’s and MSS
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* Word, Excel and Access experience require