Our client is seeking a Director of operations for their new food production plant in North Kingstown, RI! The role of the Director of Operations is to control and manage the day-to-day performance of all production areas within the factory while building a positive culture focused on quality and safety!
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* As the Director of Operations, you are part of the Senior Management Team and shall work collaboratively with that team to ensure company objectives are achieved.
* You will be responsible for the daily coordination, improvement and execution of all food manufacturing operations, overseeing Production, Engineering, and Continuous Improvement.
* You will be accountable for cost management, including equipment efficiencies, waste, direct labor and materials, whilst generating reports on these financial targets and other KPI’s.
* You will be driven by targets and have a proven track record of achieving the highest standards of food safety and hygiene in line with the current regulatory bodies and corporate requirements.
* With the assistance of senior team and other colleagues, you will contribute to the formulation and implementation of the business strategy with clear plans stretching up to six months ahead to meet anticipated business requirements.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in a management position
* Minimum 5 years previous foodservice/retail manufacturing experience
* Ability to demonstrate effective decision-making skills
* Able to communicate effectively at all levels
* The management of a variable skills level team
* Strong leadership skills