Essential Recruiting is partnered with an established and reputable hospital system to help them hire Paramedics for their Access Transfer Center!
The Patient Transfer Coordinator (Paramedic) coordinates the acceptance of patients in the hospital system. The Coordinator performs initial admission screening and acceptance using approved clinical criteria to assure patient acceptance and admission are consistent with current policy and procedure. The Coordinator collaborates with multiple departments within the hospital and facilitates relationships with facilities, physicians and nursing staff. The Coordinator will work closely with the Bed/Capacity Coordinator to identify, trend and report barriers to patient throughput.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Coordinating all components related to the admission/transfer or consult of emergent, urgent and elective patients into an accepting facility from referring hospitals, clinics, urgent care clinics and physician offices with guaranteed appropriate level of care and timely, appropriate mode of transport.
· Systematic processing of patient acuity and expert level of clinical decision making, to facilitate the patient flow through the continuum of care.
· Documenting and prioritizing patient information to formulate an accurate picture of the patient and his/her condition for accepting physicians, nurses or other healthcare workers.
· Assigning Transfer Priority Level for triage / transport of patients to prioritize bed and transportation resources.
Our client offers:
- A robust total compensation package with a strong base rate plus shift differentials, medical, dental and vision insurance options as well as a 401K and paid-time-off.
- Opportunities for career advancement
- A great work environment